Monday, October 23, 2006
We're back from three days in Copenhagen. I won't bore you with all the details of the trip (don't really feel like typing about three days now, and I haven't uploaded any pictures yet either), but here are some of the highlights:
- the Rosenborg castle and beautiful park behind it
- the Amalienborg castles (Copenhagen has a lot of castles and they're beautiful!)
- hot chocolate at Luna's in Christianshavn
- the "Women in Impressionism" exhibition at the Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek (museum)
In this exhibition I saw a few paintings and this statue by Degas that I had just studied in my cultural history class. How cool is that!
- Lunch at Europa (ok, not cheap, but REALLY good and with a nice view)
- Dinner at Klimt's
- Dinner at Marius
- Hotel Ibsen's: friendly staff, clean rooms, great breakfast buffet
- all the public bathrooms I saw are clean and have warm and cold water to wash your hands with, and soap, and paper towels (which in Holland is not always the case)
- most of the people speak English (and pretty good, too!)
- the streets are clean
- lots of people drink beer in the morning (we had a 9 o'clock flight and people were already ordering beer)
So much for today!