Tuesday, May 22, 2007

It's over!

This is a little video of me, singing Van Jonge Leu en Oale Groond (what do you think, Janneke?). It's the leader theme to a popular tv series here in the Netherlands.

I'm pretty proud of my exam. I passed, my grade was 6.5 out of 10. That doesn't seem very high (5.5 is passing) but that's ok. I agreed with the comments the jury made. After I "messed up" (ie played some wrong notes) I got a little tense and found it hard to relax and let the music flow. And that could be heard. But the jury also said that they could hear I had made a lot of progress in four years. When I started the conservatory I was terrified to play in front of musical people, and the slightest wrong note could make me panic (not exaggerated!). Now, I started a piano piece but noticed it was a little too dark. So I stopped and asked the light technician to give me some more light, and then started over. And that went well!
Considering the fact that three months ago I still slept about sixteen hours a day, I'm pretty darn proud of myself. And I'm so glad this is over!! Now all I have to worry about (college wise) is my thesis and 2 small assignments and then June 29 will be my graduation date!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wauw, van harte gefelciteerd!!

Freddie said...

well done! Congratulations.

Phil said...

Hey nic. Ik kom op 13 juli pas thuis. Vind het echt heel jammer dat ik er niet bij ben, de eerste nicht die gaat trouwen..!

Anonymous said...

Goed gedaan, gefeliciteerd!

Jammer dat het filmpje iets te kort is ;-)

Anonymous said...

Cool! Gefeliciteerd! Inderdaad, kort filmpje. Heeft Falleri niet toevallig een langer filmpje? Ben erg benieuwd. Jammer dat ik er niet bij kon zijn!Je mag zeker trots zijn!

Nu op naar de 29e, maar om meerdere redenen :-)

Anonymous said...

Geweldig dat je Van Jonge Leu hebt gezongen/gespeeld! Was dat je eigen keuze? Ik vind em goed, op een beetje een accentje na dan, haha... overigens is het Twents dat in Van Jonge Leu wordt gesproken weer heel anders dan het Twents dat ze hier spreken (dat weer op bepaalde vlakken anders is dan het Twents uit het dorp waar ik ben opgegroeid, hier nog geen 10 km vandaan).

Anyway, gefeliciteerd met je 6,5!! Echt super gedaan, met alle spanning die je hebt gehad en bovendien nog even een pfeiffertje tussendoor... Ik herken het hoe je jezelf omschrijft toen je pas naar het conservatorium ging, zo ben ik ook... steeds minder gelukkig, sinds ik koren begeleid enzo. Maar het blijft eng. Komt binnenkort trouwens nog een logje over, haha, hij staat al klaar, moet er alleen nog een einde aan breien.

Einde van dit lange verhaal. Gefeliciteerd en geniet van de napret en straks van je diploma natuurlijk!!

Gonda said...

Goed gedaan, gefeliciteerd!
Op 21 mei mocht ik een eindexamen fluit bijwonen van het Koninklijk Conservatorium in Den Haag. Spannend!