Thursday, November 02, 2006

Falling leaves

The leaves are falling. Everywhere. We changed the clock last weekend. We had a big storm last night and there's no denying it: it's autumn, definitely. And I can feel it, too. I'm stormy inside, and I don't know why.

Yesterday should have been an easy day, and it was, but it didn't feel like it. I only had to teach four classes, three of which went fine. The last one, however, did not go very well. Halfway through a practicum the kids were annoying me so much that I made them put all their instruments away and sit down. I then talked to them for twenty minutes, about how to behave (and especially, how not to!) when making music. I hope it helped.

After school I went to my mom's for lunch and a walk. That was fun, but still I felt stormy. I took a nap, but didn't feel better. And then, after choir rehearsal, I had a splitting headache so I went to bed at 21:30. My love was sweet enough to bring me a paracetamol at 3:11 (I think because my tossing and turning was keeping him awake as well) and after that I fell deeply asleep.

This morning I woke up at 8:30 thinking "Gosh what a short night". Thank goodness Thursday is my day off so I didn't need to do anything productive. I did decided to take call in sick for Friday. I'm just too stormy to work.
A very good friend of mine (she's sort of like a friend/aunt/mother) once said: "I allow my kids one mental health day per semester. Everybody needs a day just to rest their head once in a while". Good decision. Tomorrow will be my mental health day.

Don't worry about me. I'm still very happy and there are no problems. It's just a little stormy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean..take a day of and the storm will lay down!!

xx Simone!

Angela said...

same here girl! Enjoy your extra day off today! Hope you will feel better again after a relaxing weekend!
hugs
angela

Anonymous said...

Ja het is erg vies weer. Maar goed, het is er ook de tijd van het jaar voor denk ik maar. Hoewel ik niet meer aan de waterkou van Nederland gewend ben.

Anonymous said...

Well, lets just say that autumn is really here. I'm actually sick at the mo. Just a bit of a flu or a cold. Still no fun at all... Hope your chat with the class has helped...

Anonymous said...

De herfst sucks. Big time. Straks komt de winter..